Philipp Haselwarter admin at bitnoize.co.cc
Tue May 5 03:44:45 PDT 2009
Hi list,

I'm trying to get slony-I (v2.0.1) running with postgres 8.3 on  Windows
Server 2003.
I found a lot of documentation but much of it seems to be outdated, written
for UNIX, contradicting other instructions or simpely not working for me.

So far I installed postgres 8.3 using the installer and put the binaries
from http://developer.pgadmin.org/~hiroshi/Slony-I/ into the respective
directories (c:/program files/postgresql/8.3/..) and registered slon as a
service using the command line as local administrator and " sc create
Slony-I binPath=3D "c:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin\slon.exe -service" =
".

What are the next steps to take?
If I open pgAdmin, connect to my localhost server and try to create a new
Slony-I cluster I get something like 'Slony-I creation scripts not
available; only joining possible'.
Where do I have to do further configuration, and in what order?

thanks, p.h.