Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Wed Jun 17 08:51:27 PDT 2009
"Nagaraja, Madhukar (Madhukar)" <mnagaraja at alcatel-lucent.com> writes:
> Hi all,
> I encounted the problem again. The solution I mentioned in the previous mail did not work. Actually now I have a couple of problems more.
>
> 1) After I do a switchover, on some tables the insert fails the first time and then it works. On one of the table the insert fails all the time.(this was slave previously). But when I again do a switchover again(the original master) it is able to insert.
>
> 2) I think the index is not repliating on the tables. The insert is failing the first time on switchover is because the  when I do a select on the tables(select last_value from cfg_usermgr_laptoptable_ev_id_seq; ) I get value of the last exisiting pkey value.  So it fails always the first time.
>
> On one of the tables( select last_value from cfgconnmgrruletable_ev_id_seq) I am getting the value as 6 whereas there are 70 entries in the DB.
>
> Can you please help me as soon as possbile.. We have a release coming up.

Based on that, I think that the previous counsel that "a sequence
isn't getting replicated and should be" is making plenty of sense.

Did you request SET ADD SEQUENCE for the sequence cfgconnmgrruletable_ev_id_seq?

If not, then that exactly explains the issue.  You need to add the
sequences to replication.  (Create a new set, add the sequences,
SUBSCRIBE SET as needed, MERGE SET to get it merged in with the other
set(s)...)
--
output = ("cbbrowne" "@" "linuxdatabases.info")
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/lsf.html