Jeff Frost jeff at frostconsultingllc.com
Wed Jun 3 08:48:11 PDT 2009

Sean Staats wrote:
> Nope.  There is no firewall between the servers.
>
> Andrew Sullivan wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 01:17:19PM -0700, Jeff Frost wrote:
>>
>>> The DB in question is 144GB and it's being replicated over a relatively
>>> slow link.  It seems to do about 1GB/hr, but never gets past 10GB.  It
>>> always dies at that same point.
>>
>> Could this have something to do with some firewall that decides your
>> connection is "dead"?

Hrmmm, I never got Andrew's reply.  I should have mentioned that I'm
already speculating it's firewall related.  This connection is going
across a netscreen VPN and I'm pretty sure the netscreen is timing out
the connection for some reason.  My question was actually why slony
leaves the node in a broken state instead of just trying the initial
sync again.  I thought it had acted like that in the past, but I haven't
seen an initial sync fail for quite a while before now.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner 	<jeff at frostconsultingllc.com>
Phone: 916-647-6411	FAX: 916-405-4032