Jeff Frost jeff at frostconsultingllc.com
Tue Jun 2 13:11:12 PDT 2009

  =

>> been assigned.)  Increasing the log verbosity to 4 doesn't produce any  =

>> more useful debugging information.  Time for another approach.
>>
>> Would it make sense to create 2 different sets - one to replicate the  =

>> tables and one to replicate the sequences?  Is there a downside to this  =

>> kind of workaround?
>>     =

> It'd be better to figure out what the duplication is caused by.  Have
> a look in the _slony tables and check to see what's in there.  Where's
> the collision?
>
>   =

I've seen this issue recently when the initial sync fails.  If you
scroll further back in your logs do you have a failure for the initial
copy_set?  When this happens to me, it seems that slony leaves the slave
DB in a half replicated state, but reattempts to do the initial sync and
finds that the sequences are already in _cluster.sl_sequence table, then
errors out.  This requires dropping the node and starting over.  This is
with version 1.2.16. I recall previous versions being able to recover
from a failed initial sync without intervention, but my memory could be
mistaken.

-- =

Jeff Frost, Owner 	<jeff at frostconsultingllc.com>
Phone: 916-647-6411	FAX: 916-405-4032