Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Wed Jul 29 09:16:04 PDT 2009
roctaiwan <nettreeinc at gmail.com> writes:
> Q: How do I rewrite this script so I don't have to select tables, instead
> selecting just the whole database to be replicate?

You can't.  Slony-I doesn't support that kind of usage.

If you truly need to replicate an entire database cluster, then you
should look into PITR, aka "warm standby."
<http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/warm-standby.html>

> Q: how can I rewrite this script if I have more then one slaves?

The documentation describes how to do this in some detail:
    <http://slony.info/documentation/addthings.html>

If that isn't clear enough, then it would be most useful to try to
make the documentation better, as that will help many users.
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "ca.afilias.info")
<http://dba2.int.libertyrms.com/>