roctaiwan nettreeinc at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 00:34:59 PDT 2009
I have 2 slaves and one master replication system. One of the slon on my
slave is running the "postgres" in /usr/bin/postgres. (see below).

-bash-3.2$ pg_ctl status
pg_ctl: postmaster is running (PID: 15368)
/usr/bin/postgres

But my master db which I know is working find is using different postgres,
the one at /opt/PostgresPlus/8.3/bin/postgres.bin

[root at Master-DB-Slony-I data]# su - postgres
-bash-3.2$ pg_ctl status
pg_ctl.bin: server is running (PID: 31493)
/opt/PostgresPlus/8.3/bin/postgres.bin

But I don't think the slave turn on the one in /usr/bin/postgres is correct,
because when I giving commands such as create user, createdb etc it's always
saying it's already exist. But when I use pgAdmin III to access it, it's
nothing there...

Know how to fix it?