cbbrowne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Mon Jan 26 09:51:10 PST 2009
Cyril Scetbon wrote:
> no information ?
>
> Cyril Scetbon wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've read monitoring.html from the new documentation and I do not
>> understand some points :
>>
>> - what are the units of the counter "large tuples" ?
>> - how do you find that it took 0.108s to process the SYNC 19
>> - what are the differences between sync_event and sync_helper (it
>> should be great to add it in the documentation, and in the code)
>>
>> thanks

1.  Units are number of characters, the value of octet_length(log_cmddata).

I'm adding that to the long description.

2.  We track timestamps in the slon process.  In version 2.0, there's a
lot more use of timestamps to evaluate how much time was spent running
queries against provider & subscriber.

3.  The basic point of sync_helper() is to be the body of a thread that
does part of the work of a SYNC.

--
output = reverse("ofni.sailifa.ac" "@" "enworbbc")
<http://dba2.int.libertyrms.com/>