Alan Hodgson ahodgson at simkin.ca
Thu Jan 15 10:45:24 PST 2009
On Wednesday 14 January 2009, "Yuan HOng" <hongyuan1306 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, list,
>
> I have a single master / single slave set up with Slony-I 1.2.11 and PG
> 8.2. It has been running well for quite a long time until yesterday, when
> after executing a DDL script on the master server, the replication broke.
> The DDL script just added a column to a table in the replication set.

1.2.11 had a bug that could cause this in the event of a temporary problem
applying DDL scripts. Fortunately it was fixed in 1.2.12, which was
released well over a year ago.

Unfortunately, your replication is almost certainly hosed. But if you
upgrade Slony and resubscribe your slave(s), you won't experience the same
problem again.

You might also consider tracking bug-fix releases a bit more closely.

--
Current Peeve: The mindset that the Internet is some sort of school for
novice sysadmins and that everyone -not- doing stupid dangerous things