Tam McLaughlin tam.mclaughlin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 05:52:13 PST 2009
slony: 2.0.3 rc3
Postgresql: 8.3.3
Centos: 5.2

When I add a new table using "excute script" I get the following error:

Submit DDL Event to subscribers...
<stdin>:6: PGRES_FATAL_ERROR select "_mesrep".ddlScript_complete(1,
$1::text, -1);  - ERROR:  value "5000012320" is out of range for type
integer
CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "ddlscript_complete" while casting return value
to function's return type

The scipts are:

test.sh
=================
echo "Creating new table"
slonik <<_EOF_
cluster name = mesrep;
node 1 admin conninfo = 'dbname=MES host=localhost user=*****
password=******* port=5432';
node 2 admin conninfo = 'dbname=MES host=uklnxdisp1 user=****
password=****** port=5432';
node 3 admin conninfo = 'dbname=MES host=uklnxdisp2 user=*****
password=******** port=5432';

execute script ( SET ID = 1, FILENAME = 'test.sql', EVENT NODE = 1);
_EOF_

test.sql
=========
SET client_encoding = 'LATIN1';
SET standard_conforming_strings = off;
SET check_function_bodies = false;
SET client_min_messages = warning;
SET escape_string_warning = off;
SET search_path = uk7501, pg_catalog;
SET default_tablespace = '';
SET default_with_oids = false;

CREATE TABLE "uk7501".tam_test1 (
operation integer NOT NULL,
spec_id   character varying(20)
);

ALTER TABLE uk7501.tam_test1 OWNER TO mes;
ALTER TABLE ONLY tam_test1 ADD CONSTRAINT tam_test1_pk PRIMARY KEY
(operation, spec_id);

REVOKE ALL ON TABLE tam_test1 FROM PUBLIC;
REVOKE ALL ON TABLE tam_test1 FROM mes;
GRANT ALL ON TABLE tam_test1 TO mes;

This is a copy of an sql script that previously worked - I just changed the
table name.
The execute script worked fine until I stopped slony, updated the
slony_tools.conf file adding more tables to my set
and reinitialized. Replication looked ok.

I was running slony 1.0.3 but upgraded today to 1.0.3rc3 with the same
error.

Any ideas?

Tam