roctaiwan nettreeinc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 00:53:18 PDT 2009
>From Postgres docunment chapter 24 Monitoring Database Activity, the ch
24.2.1. Statistics Collection Configuration talks about few configuration
setting that I can enable it to monitoring(shown below):

"The parameter stats_start_collector must be set to true for the statistics
collector to be launched at all. This is the default and recommended
setting, but it may be turned off if you have no interest in statistics and
want to squeeze out every last drop of overhead. (The savings is likely to
be small, however.) Note that this option cannot be changed while the server
is running.

The parameters stats_command_string, stats_block_level, and stats_row_level
control how much information is actually sent to the collector and thus
determine how much run-time overhead occurs."

But why I don't have any of these configurable parameters in my config
file?? I have attached my config file within.
http://www.nabble.com/file/p25111938/postgresql.conf postgresql.conf