Shoaib Mir shoaibmir at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 01:10:15 PDT 2009
On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 5:55 PM, Sweta Mulgavker
<sweta.mulgavker at gmail.com>wrote:

>> Make sure the sequence does exist in the database...
>>

>  Yes the sequences are there in the db...
>

>> Do something like:
>>
>> select currval(t_history_serial_seq);
>>

>  Dint get you ...

This function gives the current value for the sequence so I just wanted to
make sure if it did exist! Read the manual for more details...

If you got tables with serial datatype (which creates an implicit sequence)
then you might not need to add sequences explicitly in Slony cluster as that
automatically will get updated... when Slony master sends the updates to
Slave nodes.

-- =

Shoaib Mir
http://shoaibmir.wordpress.com/