Nagaraja, Madhukar (Madhukar) mnagaraja at alcatel-lucent.com
Wed Apr 15 22:47:12 PDT 2009
Hello,

I am using slony presently on a 2 node system on a WAN.. One master and other slave.
If for somereason the master is not reachable(link down or node down).. Then if I issue a switchover in the slave it will fail bcos it cannot connect to the postgresql on the other side. If I don't want to wait till the other node comes up, then what are the options I have. I did the failover but the process of adding back  the failed node to the cluster will not be easy and right now I don't want to use this option. So is there any way I can handle this scenario.

Can someone please respond as we have demo coming up shortly ?

Thanks.