Andrew Sullivan ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Tue Apr 14 06:17:30 PDT 2009
On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 02:36:53PM +0300, Johnny Edge wrote:

> Are there any performance issues with Slony-I replicating these sort
> of volumes? Writes occur quite often as there are at least 100
> active users around the clock.

Apart from the setup point, the real issues for Slony performance all
lie in the amount of data churn.  Inserts are slightly cheaper than
updates or deletes.  100 active users doesn't sound like a lot to me,
provided you give yourself an additional 20% or so I/O ceiling for the
Slony overhead (which is not usually that high, but you don't want
spikes to get in your way).

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at crankycanuck.ca