Knight, Doug dknight at wsi.com
Wed Sep 24 07:04:45 PDT 2008
All,

We use time partitioned tables quite extensively (day boundaries). I've
looked at the documentation concerning support for partitioned tables,
and understand the process steps (EXECUTE SCRIPT, CREATE SET, SET ADD
TABLE, SUBSCRIBE SET, SYNC, WAIT FOR EVENT, MERGE SET). I have two
questions about this process: 1) What set ID do I use in the EXECUTE
SCRIPT command, the target set to which I'm merging or the new temporary
set I'm creating for the merge?; 2) Does the temporary set ID go away
(i.e. can be resued) after executing the MERGE SET?

Also, is there an easy way to determine what would be the next unique
table ID, assuming all of my table IDs are allocated sequentially
starting at 1? The goal of these questions is to support an automated
process to handle the daily addition of time partitioned tables.

Thanks,

Doug Knight

WSI Corp.