Aaron Brown abrown at bzzagent.com
Tue Sep 23 12:00:47 PDT 2008
Thanks for the input.

The truncate is what slony would send to a subscriber in order to clear out
the existing table before copying it.  I am not manually executing the
truncate.  This happens when you execute a subscribe set.  Basically, the
issue I need to understand is this: when I first replicate a table with data
in it, will the table truncate and copy as if it were a regular subscriber,
or do I need to do something special to the log shipped node.

Thinking back, I think you can ignore most of my original question and it
boils down to this: if I have a new table to replicate with data in it, will
the subscriber receive the initial truncate and copy, or do I need to "do
something?"

Thanks for your help!
Aaron