Knight, Doug dknight at wsi.com
Mon Sep 22 12:40:39 PDT 2008
Andrew,
After considering your answer, and some banging of heads together here,
I think we've resolved this one. Since our use of slony is limited to
database copies between to heartbeat-HA nodes, once the target node is
up to dat we will be switching from the origin to the target. At that
time we will stop any insert processes on the origin, manually copy
(pg_dump probably) the sequences from origin to target, then switch
everything over to the target. Our purpose is to test postgres upgrade
strategies, which this looks like it will work nicely. Thanks for your
help.

Doug