Peter Geoghegan peter.geoghegan86 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 13:16:46 PDT 2008
Hello,

I'm attempting to produce a Slony-I cluster, with a windows XP master
and single Linux slave. Though it's probably not relevant, for this
test run I'm using virtual machines. I have methodically followed the
example in the PgAdminIII documentation, leaving all my slon engines
on the windows XP master as the Slony-I service. Everything works
fine, until I restart the master machine. Replication breaks.
Repeatedly restarting the Slony-I service has no discernible effect.
Because these are virtual machines, I have been able to revert them to
an earlier state and reproduce this repeatedly – first it works, then
it breaks.

I'm using the distribution of Slony that comes with the postgreSQL
stack builder – v1.2.14.

What should I do to fix the problem?

Thanks,
Peter