xplicare info at xplicare.com
Mon Sep 15 23:26:26 PDT 2008

Dave Page-7 wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 4:34 PM, Andrew Sullivan <ajs at crankycanuck.ca>
> wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 01:24:54AM -0700, xplicare wrote:
>>
>>> and so far haven't found a specific log file for Slony-I.
>>
>> Without finding that log file (I know nothing about Windows), I don't
>> think you'll get much help.
> Check the windows event log.

Indeed the windows event log was filled with:

FATAL main: Cannot connect to local database - fe_sendauth: no password
supplied - sleep 10s

So logically I would have to add the DB password to the conf file and paths
in Slony-I.
However I was under the impression that Slony-I took the passwords
automatically?
Probably from some pgpass file, but I don't know exactly were that file was
located again or should I create that myself?

For now I'll try to add the password manually to the connection strings..
i'll try that later on..

Arjan