Cyril SCETBON scetbon at echo.fr
Fri Sep 12 07:00:12 PDT 2008
Cause we have a lot of update (14 Millions) to do. It takes 12/14 hours
if we want to keep a replication with a tolerated lag. If we load it
directly on each host in parallel ot takes 2/3 hours. I've used the
alterTableRestore and alterTableForReplication to load data but it stop
replication and I don't want it.

Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 03:31:34PM +0200, Cyril SCETBON wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> Is it possible to do it ? I would like to update a field in a table
>> replicated by slony manually on each node, that is to say without using
>> slony, whereas replication continues for other updates.
>>

> Sort of, but not safely.  Why do you want to do it this way?

Cyril SCETBON