Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Mon Sep 8 16:07:12 PDT 2008
ries van Twisk <slony at rvt.dds.nl> writes:
> hey All,
>
> when I try to use execute script in slonik it always seems to fail
> with the following error :
>
> bash-3.2$ ./alter-table
> DDL script consisting of 3 SQL statements
> DDL Statement 0: (0,59) [ALTER TABLE mytesttable ADD COLUMN test text;]
> DDL Statement 1: (59,62) []
> DDL Statement 2: (62,64) []
> <stdin>:15: PGRES_FATAL_ERROR  - ERROR:  syntax error at or near ""
> LINE 1:
>         ^
> Press any key to continue...
>

> This is how my exec script command looks like :
>
>     execute script (
>         set id = 1,
>         filename = '/tmp/alter',
>         event node = 1
>     );
>

> Is this a bug do you think??
>
> Ries

There may be a bug in the SQL parser; if I can get a copy of
/tmp/alter (which I would tend to think contains "ALTER TABLE
mytesttable ADD COLUMN test text;", plus 2 blank lines), that would be
handy for verification purposes.
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "ca.afilias.info")
<http://dba2.int.libertyrms.com/>