Anoop Bhat ABhat at trustwave.com
Mon Oct 27 16:48:54 PDT 2008
Hi,

I've got a database that I was replicating manually (without the altperl scripts) for some time but now I'm using the altperl scripts for replication which obviously make things a lot easier.

Four questions from all this.

 1.  if I do a slon_kill -config, how can I restart the replication? Can I just a slon_start -config followed by a slonik_subscribe_set -config set1 node2?
 2.  I want to get rid of all the previous attempts at replication. Can I simply drop the schemas that were created previously by me on the master?
 3.  what is a good way to check the status of the replication to see how much is replicated and or what has been replicated thus far?
 4.  I setup all the replication from the slave itself using this as a rough guide http://trac.browsershots.org/wiki/DatabaseReplication. Is this appropriate/recommended or does something need to be initiated from the master? Previously, I would run a slon process on the master and a slon on the slave but this seems much easier. Almost too good to be true.

Lastly, I just wanted to say that the altperl scripts are so much easier to deal with and they do seem to make life a lot easier.

Thanks very much.