Henry henry at zen.co.za
Fri May 23 05:47:54 PDT 2008
On Fri, May 23, 2008 1:09 pm, Hannu Krosing wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-05-23 at 19:57 +0900, Stephane LAPIE wrote:
> I have not been running slony for quite a long time. I last used it at
> Skype a few years ago before we moved to our own implementation -
> Londiste/pgQ from SkyTools. The main reason was that our cluster got too
> big to manage with slony.

Sadly, the documentation for SkyTools is *appalling*.  I took a look some
time ago and ran away pronto.

I think the origional question still stands:  how do you get slony to pump
more data and take full advantage of available network bandwidth.  In our
case, we have a large cluster with gigabit networking, yet usage is a
paltry few megabits/s (so large updates take hours to days to replicate).

I recall asking the same question some months ago, but no real solution
surfaced.  It appears to be pretty much a case of "that's the way slony
works."

Regards
Henry