Jennifer Spencer jennifer.spencer at stanford.edu
Thu Jun 26 11:40:11 PDT 2008
I too have had some issues with importing the slony1_dump.sh results.  I think it has to do with the
shell environment itself interfering.  When I issued "set noglobs on", it sometimes improved things.
You could try that.  Or, you could try to remove those special escape characters (maybe "{" is part of
the problem).  Your shell may be trying to interpret those characters on the way into postgres.

In my case, I had trouble with the way it handles NULL values.  Because I am impatient, I got sick of
trying to figure out what was going on in my particular shell.  Instead, I modified the program's
"copy out" command so that it handled null values as "NULL" instead of the default "\N" (or was it
"/N" - I can't remember).  You may wish to actually edit a copy of slony1_dump, as I did, and change
the copy out command to something that will work, such as "copy out ... with binary".
See the postgres page : http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/sql-copy.html
for more info on your copy options.

-Jennifer