Dane Miller dane at greatschools.net
Thu Jun 12 15:31:49 PDT 2008
salman wrote:
> Trying to find some documentation on how to add a new slave into an
> existing cluster. I understand the parts about subscribing nodes and
> sets, but I'm having a difficult time finding any docs on how to
> import the schema from the master to the new slave and leave out any
> slony-specific table/trigger declerations.
>
> I tried using the '-n schema' option with pg_dump, but that still
> seems to dump slony table triggers.

Slony-I adds a "_clustername" schema and triggers to the postgresql
tables that are being replicated. To get a clean copy of the table
definitions without slony's customizations, we use
slony1_extract_schema.sh from /tools in slony's CVS repo.  Here's a
link:

http://main.slony.info/viewcvs/viewvc.cgi/slony1-engine/tools/slony1_extract_schema.sh?view=log

On The Origin

      * cd /tmp
      * sudo -u pgsql ./slony1_extract_schema.sh \community replication
        tmpextract > /tmp/community.schema.sql

community.schema.sql is a clean copy of the table schema without slony's
customizations.