Bill Moran wmoran at collaborativefusion.com
Fri Jan 11 11:41:37 PST 2008

> You could take your backup from the origin instead of the subscriber.

Note that it seems that you can get the _data_ from the replica (i.e.
pg_dump -a), but not the schema ... that has to come from the primary
(or from your original data definition)

> On January 11, 2008 12:59:25 pm Glyn Astill wrote:
> > I'm in the process of building a system that uses slony-I for
> > replication, and I'm just starting to look at the best ways to do my
> > backups.
> >
> > So far until I saw this thread I'd assumed that I could do a pg_dump
> > on a subscriber and keep that as my main backup. Or do a file system
> > backup of the subscriber.
> >
> > In this case what would be the best way to restore the system from
> > that backup in the case of a publisher failing?
> >
> > Any ideas on backup / restore techniques would be appreciated.
> >
> > --- Andrew Sullivan <ajs at crankycanuck.ca> wrote:
> > >
> > > had

> > > Excellent news!

> > > release;

> > > again.
> > >
> > > Right, I forgot to mention that.

> --
> Tim Goodaire    416-673-4126    tgoodair at ca.afilias.info
> Database Team Lead, Afilias Canada Corp.

Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.

wmoran at collaborativefusion.com
Phone: 412-422-3463x4023

IMPORTANT: This message contains confidential information and is
intended only for the individual named. If the reader of this
message is not an intended recipient (or the individual
responsible for the delivery of this message to an intended
recipient), please be advised that any re-use, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message is prohibited. Please
notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received
this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The
sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or
omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission.