Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Fri Jan 11 07:57:10 PST 2008
Marcus Gustafsson <marcus.gustafsson at visionten.net> writes:
> Oh! I wasn't aware that the release we were running was that far behind.
>  I probably should schedule an upgrade rather than spending time on
> debugging problems which might already be solved.
> Which release is currently recommended for production usage? I'd prefer
> not to run a bleeding-edge version on this particular cluster. Is it the
> 1.2.12-1 one available as a source rpm on the slony webpage a good idea?

Yes, that would be a good idea.

There's going to be a 1.2.13 once PostgreSQL 8.3 comes out, and there
are a few small bugs getting fixed in addition to 8.3 support, but
there's nothing at all show-stopping that's post-1.2.12.

On the other hand, there are a number of things fixed in 1.2.12 that
*are* quite material.

You can always check the release notes; I'd like to think they are
pretty good.  (Of course, I wrote them, so I may be biased ;-).)
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'acm.org';
http://cbbrowne.com/info/internet.html