Marcus Gustafsson marcus.gustafsson at visionten.net
Thu Jan 10 02:23:08 PST 2008
Hi all!

Are there any known issues with the slony RPM
postgresql-slony1-engine-1.1.5-1_PG8.1.4.i686.rpm?

I have a small slony cluster where I removed node 1 for reinstallation,
but when I try to reinsert it (as a new node) with:

cluster name = MyCluster;
node 2 admin conninfo = 'dbname=mycluster host=db2.internal user=slony
password=secret';
node 3 admin conninfo = 'dbname=mycluster host=db3.internal user=slony
password=secret';
node 4 admin conninfo = 'dbname=mycluster host=db1.internal user=slony
password=secret';
store node(id=4, event node=2);

slonik crashes with a segmentation fault.
GDB gives me a backtrace which looks like this:

#0  0x0804ed5a in slon_appendquery_int ()
#1  0x0804f047 in slon_mkquery ()
#2  0x0804cf31 in slonik_store_node ()
#3  0x0804e8dd in script_exec_stmts ()
#4  0x0804ea41 in script_exec ()
#5  0x0804ebed in main ()

I'll obviously keep debugging, but before I jump headfirst in the code
someone else might have an idea of what is wrong?

/Marcus