James Tucker jameshtucker at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 21:38:38 PST 2008
Hi Geoffrey,

I've seen a few responses however not sure that your question has been
answered.  We run a similar configuration, about 10 separate databases all
replicated to a corresponding slave in the DR site.  You need to run a slon
daemon for each node in each cluster, so you'll end up with a lot of slony
processes.  I just created a different .conf file for each db and then to
control them, call them individually using the slon_start script.

i.e.

DB1 =3D /usr/local/slony/db1/db1.conf
DB2 =3D /usr/local/slony/db2/db2.conf

start db1 node 1.
slon_start --config /usr/local/slony/db1/db1.conf 1

start db2 node 1
slon_start --config /usr/local/slony/db2/db2.conf 1

I also use different users for each database to give some separation.  I've
noticed the slon_kill script will kill all the watchdog processes for all
db's if they run as the same user which is another good reason to separate.

Cheers

James