Henry henry at zen.co.za
Thu Feb 28 22:04:12 PST 2008
On Fri, February 29, 2008 4:17 am, Craig A. James wrote:
> Forget the whole question, the mystery is solved.
>
> What's really amazing is that Postgres works at all with five million
> tables.  Performance had degraded just a bit, but not enough to trigger
> any alarms, we didn't even notice that anything was wrong for three
> months, until we tried to do some sysadmin (move a Slony master node) and
> couldn't.

We've been using PG since 6.something.  It's always nice having our choice
and confidence in PG confirmed by front-line anecdotal stories like
this...  5 million tables and still soldiering on.  yeah baby!

Hats off to the PG devs (sorry for the unsolicited CC Tom, but you *had*
to know about this).

Regards
Henry