Sebastien Lardiere sebastien at lardiere.net
Wed Feb 27 03:42:53 PST 2008
On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 12:16:11 +0100, "Stéphane A. Schildknecht"
<stephane.schildknecht at postgresqlfr.org> wrote:

>> 1 is master, 2 and 3 are slave, so in Y. I test "move set", with 2 in
> master and 3 and 1 in slave, also in Y, and it's the same.
>>
>> But I "drop node" the third, and failover work, with only 2 node !
>
> Regarding documentation and my experience, you should be able to failover
> in Y
> also.
>
> If you have
>   1
>  / \
> 2   3
>
> and execute failover( id=1, backup node=2), you should get
>  2
>  3
>
> What do you have in sl_subscribe table before and after failover ?

Yes, when it work, i agree,

Before failover, i've got :

bar=# select * from _qsr_repl.sl_subscribe ;
 sub_set | sub_provider | sub_receiver | sub_forward | sub_active
       1 |            1 |            2 | f           | t
       1 |            1 |            3 | f           | t
(2 rows)

And after too, because failover fail, and so nothing is done.

--
Sébastien