Andrew Sullivan ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Tue Feb 19 07:02:54 PST 2008
On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 08:46:49AM -0500, Geoffrey wrote:
> It's now obvious that there's a problem with slony for this one
> database.  For example, on one table, the primary node has grown in the
> number of records by about 6000 records, still the slave is sitting at
> the same value from yesterday.
>
> Should I restart the daemons?  Do I need to start over?  I don't seen
> anything in the logs that tells me there's a problem.

I would restart the daemons and see if that fixes it, yes (although I'd
expect an error).  But I wonder whether your slave is properly configured.
Are you sure you have fsync enabled and write cacheing turned off?  Was this
a controlled reboot, or did it reboot itself?  If you have lost cached data,
then your replica could indeed be missing data: Slony's only going to be as
reliable as the underlying PostgreSQL installation.