Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Thu Feb 14 11:45:45 PST 2008
Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> Is there a way to manually force slony to switch from log_1 to log_2?
> The table is getting way big (~1+G) and I think that it's causing the
> "fetch 100 from log" to become slow ~60-150secs.
>   =

You can request this from SQL prompt via:

select _my_slony_schema.logswitch_start();

It may fail with the error:
ERROR: Previous logswitch still in progress

It will not immediately lead to cleaning out sl_log_1; that is handled =

as part of the cleanup thread, which normally runs every 10 minutes =

(controlled by a parameter compiled into slon).

In versions 1.0 thru 1.2, further control of this takes place within the =

cleanup thread, which is almost exclusively C code in =

src/slon/cleanup_thread.c.

In CVS HEAD, nearly all of this code has been folded out into a pl/pgsql =

stored procedure, cleanupevent(interval, boolean), which would allow a =

script to invoke cleanup.

-- =

(reverse (concatenate 'string "ofni.sailifa.ac" "@" "enworbbc"))
<http://dba2.int.libertyrms.com/>