Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Thu Feb 14 08:34:51 PST 2008
Satya <satya461 at gmail.com> writes:
> Thanks for the reply. So if their nothing required to change to
> support newer version of PostgreSQL, then how frequent are the
> releases?  I mean, how frequently slony-1 is released if it there
> are no incompatibilities with  PostgreSQL?  Is it  like every
> 3months or 6months or 12months??

Release of Slony-I have taken place as a result of:

 - Major enhancements
   - 1.0 was the first version, first released in 2004
   - 1.1 was released in 2005
   - 1.2 was released in 2006
   - Version 2.0 should be forthcoming pretty soon

   These versions have been driven by having done development for a
   period of time, and then releasing a new version.

 - Bugs found
   - Each minor version has had subsequent releases due to us finding
     problems

 - Incompatibilities with new PG versions
   - This has tended to be addressed by issuing minor releases
     (e.g. - 1.2.13 was a minor release that addressed compatibility
     with PostgreSQL 8.3)
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="linuxdatabases.info" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/wp.html