Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Mon Feb 11 05:43:36 PST 2008
I've noted that our restore procedure is flawed now that we've started
replicating our data.  Apparently our backup procedure picks up a schema
in our primary node that was created by slony.  Thus, when I attempted
to restore into a database that had a schema created prior to our slony
implementation, I received an error because the backup data contained
the slony created schema and the empty database I was attempting to load
did not.

Question is, what is the best solution here?  Should I permit the
restore to include the slony schema?  What do other folks do in this
situation?

My next question is, did the restore exit when it encountered this
error, or did it complete?  I'm not sure if it might be the case that
the slony schema would be restored after the rest of the database.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin