Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Mon Feb 11 05:26:29 PST 2008
I've noted that our restore procedure is flawed now that we've started
replicating our data.  Apparently our backup procedure picks up a schema
in our primary node that was created by slony.  Thus, when I attempted
to restore into a database that had a schema created prior to our slony
implementation, I received an error because the backup data contained
the slony created schema and the empty database I was attempting to load
did not.

Question is, what is the best solution here?  Should I permit the
restore to include the slony schema?  What do other folks do in this
situation?

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin