Michael Weber mweber at aip.de
Fri Feb 8 06:26:16 PST 2008
Hi,
and all you need is one config file on the host you run the daemon/service
on. I use a VPN to get the postgresql port of the remote machine onto the
local one, but I think nowadays there is methods of direct encrypted
postgresql port connections.

Or you can use an ssh tunnel, and get the postgresql port on the remote
machine to a local port (with different number).

Michael

On Feb 8, 2008 3:21 PM, termeau sebastien <termeau at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/2/7, ajcity <victor.aluko at -----l.com>:
> >

> > Hi all,
> >   I setup Slony over a LAN following all the stated procedures i.e.
> > Create
> > similar schema,create service on both machines and add both engines,
> > Create
> > the cluster, create set, add tables, add path & listens and subscribe
> > set......But with all these its not replicating even after I restarted
> > the
> > slon services on both machines. What am I supposed to do next?
> >   And there was something I wasnt sure of when I setup the '.conf' files
> > on
> > both machines...Am I supposed to specify 'localhost' as the host on the
> > first machine (say NY) and specify the IP address of the second machine
> > (say
> > TX) or should I specify their IP addresses?
> >   Much love.
> >
> >                            Victor
> >

> Hello,
>
> You should specify both IP addresses or names if their names could be
> resolved thanks to the DNS.
> Please give us more details about you configuration and error messages if
> you want some help.
> Regards

-- =

Dr. Michael Weber | +49 331 7499 - 632 | fax - 200 | mweber at aip.de
Astrophysikalisches Institut Potsdam (AIP)
An der Sternwarte 16, D-14482 Potsdam
Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Matthias Steinmetz, Peter A. Stolz
Stiftung privaten Rechts, Stiftungsverzeichnis Brandenburg: III/7-71-026