Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Wed Feb 6 13:22:26 PST 2008
Jan Wieck wrote:
> On 2/6/2008 11:45 AM, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 11:35:43PM +0100, Herv=E9 Piedvache wrote:
>>> Ok thanks, and there is nothing specific to prepare or configure ? I =

>>> mean I just create a new database in v8.3, add it to the cluster as =

>>> a classical slave ... then make the synchronisation ... then I'll =

>>> need to use this new node as my new Master ... and that's it ?
>>
>> You'll need to install the very latest (I'm not even sure it's =

>> released yet)
>> Slony version, because there's an incompatibility with former Slony =

>> versions
>> and 8.3.  But yes.  Controlled switchover is your friend.
>
> The very latest is 1.2.12 and it does NOT support 8.3. So he will =

> indeed have to wait for 1.2.13.
Note: I have been going through all of the recent bug reports to see =

about any impact on 1.2.13.  There has been a bit; I dropped out some =

spurious NOTIFY requests that have been obsolete throughout the 1.2 branch.

The fallout looks to be that I ought to run through a full set of builds =

against the various PG versions, and see how tests work out.  I'll get =

on that...

-- =

(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "ca.afilias.info")
<http://dba2.int.libertyrms.com/>