Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Fri Dec 26 05:02:13 PST 2008
I've got a couple of questions regarding the use of EXECUTE SCRIPT.

If I'm using the altperl scripts to maintain my replication and add a
table to my database via 'execute script.'  I'm assuming I would add the
necessary entries to my slon_tools.conf file after I've run the 'execute
script' but before I have to restart any slon daemons.

That is assuming that the slon_tools.conf file is only used when the
slony is initialized and started.  Once it's up and replicating the
slon_tools.conf file(s) are not referenced?

Another question.  I see the following in the documentation:

"Each replicated table receives an exclusive lock, on the origin node,
in order to remove the replication triggers; after the DDL script
completes, those locks will be cleared."

Is this saying that the slony triggers on replicated tables are, for
some reason, removed?

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin