chris chris at dba2.int.libertyrms.com
Tue Aug 5 12:17:48 PDT 2008
Martin Eriksson <m.eriksson at albourne.com> writes:
> this is where it start getting weird,
>
> No error anywhere in any log.
>
> with
>
> pg_stat_activity
>
> I just got 3 transactions sitting in idle (to the three other nodes,
> Master, node2,3)
>
> It is using exactly the same schema as i was using for node 2 (as its
> on the same machine so used the same one!)
>
> and its not re-doing it, it is just being very very very slow, and
> about 99% of the time its doing nothing...
>
> its kind of freakish actually...
>
> :/

There should be two relevant connections to look at:

a) The connection to the data provider (e.g. - if the new node is
subscribing to node #1, then look at the conns on the DB for node #1),
which will be generating "COPY to stdout" requests, and

b) The connection to the subscriber, where there will tend to be three
things going on:

  1.  TRUNCATE against each table;
  2.  COPY to load data into each table;
  3.  REINDEX to regenerate the indices

Those are the 4 things that could be noticeable behaviour.

If none of those things are happening, anywhere, then presumably a
network connection has blown out somehow, or something of the sort.

But for sure, look at the behaviour on more databases, as the activity
may be elsewhere than where you expected it to be.
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'linuxfinances.info';
http://cbbrowne.com/info/lsf.html