Cyril SCETBON scetbon at echo.fr
Tue Aug 12 07:08:56 PDT 2008

Cyril SCETBON wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're using slony 1.2.10 and documentation says :
>
> / As of version 1.2, "log switching" functionality is in place; every
> so often, it seeks to switch between storing data in sl_log_1
> <file:///tmp/.fr-HbzwQF/slony1-1.2.10/doc/adminguide/table.sl-log-1.html>
> and sl_log_2
> <file:///tmp/.fr-HbzwQF/slony1-1.2.10/doc/adminguide/table.sl-log-2.html>
> so that it may seek to TRUNCATE the "elder" data.
> /
> However, I cannot catch any flip/flop stage. I've searched in sources
> and I can't find logswitch_start function call except in code slonik.c
> Do I have to use this command or is it really supposed to be done
> automatically ?

The only calls I see are logswitch_finish and logswitch_weekly. If I
understand correctly flip/flop occurs once a week. As we have a lot of
statement, I should use logswitch_start manually if I want it to happen
more often. But what means "every so often" in the documentation ? (see
above)

--
Cyril SCETBON