Craig James craig_james at emolecules.com
Wed Sep 26 09:55:34 PDT 2007
We maintain a database that is only updated once per week on a scheduled basis, and it has a backup copy running on a separate server.  I'd like to use Slony to keep these two in sync.

Question 1: Since the updates are scheduled, is there any reason to run slon the rest of the week?  I'd like to start slon, do the update, wait for the slaves to be updated, and then shut off slon.

Question 2: How do I know for certain that the slaves are 100% synchronized with the master, so that I can shut off slon?

Question 3: Can I do the update on the master, wait for it to finish, THEN start the slon daemons to sync the slave database?

Thanks,
Craig