Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Tue Sep 25 09:39:53 PDT 2007
Cyril SCETBON <cscetbon.ext at orange-ftgroup.com> writes:
> Andrew Hammond wrote:
>> So... the computer with the slower processor is slower?
>> What delay are you referring too? If it's from
>> _foo.sl_status.st_lag_time then you should be aware that it's actual
>
>> precision is about +/-5 seconds.
> where the value 5 seconds comes from ?

Updates to sl_confirm take place as SYNCs are processed, and the
granularity is never terribly exact.

- If the system is pretty busy (e.g. - regular updates to tables),
  SYNCs will be processed fairly frequently (often with default
  behaviour of either every 1s or every 10s), but with some lag
  due to how long the SYNC takes to process.

- If the system is NOT busy (e.g. - quiet times when updates to tables
  are infrequent), the default sync_interval_timeout is 10s, and hence
  on average, confirmations will be behind by 5s (1/2 of 10s).
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "ofni.sesabatadxunil" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/linuxxian.html