Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Fri Sep 21 12:25:50 PDT 2007
I am having problems trying to get the slon service to run with password:

On the Master Server, the service startup message I received shows:
CONFIG storePath: pa_server=2 pa_client=1 pa_conninfo="host=raider.cdkkt.com dbname=MyTest user=postgres" pa_connretry=10

And what is missing is, the password=*** entry.  I thought the connection info was to be taken from the slon configuration file,

On the Master server, The error message I have received is:
ERROR  slon_connectdb: PQconnectdb("host=raider.cdkkt.com dbname=MyTest user=postgres") failed - fe_sendauth: no password supplied

But my slon configuration file for the master server shows:
# Set the cluster name that this instance of slon is running against
# default is to read it off the command line
cluster_name='MasterCluster'

# Set slon's connection info, default is to read it off the command line
conn_info='host=copper.cdkkt.com port=5432 dbname=MyTest user=postgres password=***'

========================
On the Slave Server, the service startup message I received shows:
CONFIG storePath: pa_server=2 pa_client=1 pa_conninfo="host=copper.cdkkt.com dbname=MyTest user=postgres" pa_connretry=10

And what is missing is, the password=*** entry.  I thought the connection info was to be taken from the slon configuration file,

On the Slave server, The error message I have received is:
ERROR  slon_connectdb: PQconnectdb("host=copper.cdkkt.com dbname=MyTest user=postgres") failed - fe_sendauth: no password supplied

But my slon configuration file for the slave server shows:
# Set the cluster name that this instance of slon is running against
# default is to read it off the command line
cluster_name='MasterCluster'

# Set slon's connection info, default is to read it off the command line
conn_info='host=raider.cdkkt.com port=5432 dbname=MyTest user=postgres password=***'

So what do I need to do to repair this?

Thanks!
Dan

Checked by AVG Free Edition.