Jeff Frost jeff at frostconsultingllc.com
Thu Sep 20 09:56:04 PDT 2007
On Thu, 20 Sep 2007, St=E9phane Schildknecht wrote:

>> You're quite right and I think we'll start just executing the create
>> tables on all nodes independently without execute script, but the same
>> problem happens with ALTER TABLE as well, this just happened to be the
>> latest example that caused a problem.
>
> I guess no matter what the script contains, using pgpool will break the
> replication.

Why is that?  I tcpdump'd the pgpool session and did not see any extra lock=
s =

being used.  And to note, the slonik commands do not go through pgpool, the=
se =

go straight to the master.

I thought pgpool was supposed to be slony aware?

-- =

Jeff Frost, Owner 	<jeff at frostconsultingllc.com>
Phone: 650-780-7908	FAX: 650-649-1954