Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Mon Sep 3 09:35:02 PDT 2007
Trinath Somanchi <trinaths at intoto.com> writes:
> I want want to know  " Which of version is more stable ( less prone
> to failures crashes etc. ) and is suitable for a production
> environment."  not the latest release version

The latest release *is* expected to be the most stable, and to be the
most suitable for a production environment.

To my mind, there are only two plausible choices to consider
"production releases," and they are:

a) Version 1.1.9, the most-fixed version in the 1.1 branch, and
b) Version 1.2.11, the most-fixed version in the 1.2 branch.

Those are the only logical possibilities, as if you review release
notes, you'll see that versions 1.1.0 thru 1.1.8 have problems
addressed in 1.1.9, and likewise, 1.2.0 thru 1.2.10 are less
satisfactory than 1.2.11.

Version 1.2 is the version currently being maintained; we stopped
fixing 1.1 a while ago.  THAT suggests that you should prefer
something in the 1.2 branch to something in the 1.1 branch.

And that, therefore points to David Rees being absolutely correct when
he pointed to 1.2.11 as being the recommended version.

If you won't listen, there seems little value in making suggestions.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="acm.org" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://linuxfinances.info/info/