Walter Coole WCoole at aperiogroup.com
Fri Oct 26 12:05:31 PDT 2007
It appears that I'm getting a similar symptom; the log shows:

 =

2007-10-26 11:54:26 PDT ERROR  remoteWorkerThread_1: node -1 not found in r=
untime configuration

2007-10-26 11:54:26 PDT WARN   remoteWorkerThread_1: data copy for set 1 fa=
iled - sleep 60 seconds

 =

I shut down with:

 =

/usr/local/bin/slonik_unsubscribe_set 1 2 | slonik

/usr/local/bin/slon_kill

 =

Then started up again with:

 =

/usr/local/bin/slon_start 1

/usr/local/bin/slon_start 2

 =

The slons are up and passing SYNCs around, but:

 =

/usr/local/bin/slonik_subscribe_set 1 2 | slonik

 =

Gets me back to the "node -1" error.  I'm clearly missing something; I don'=
t understand where the -1 node number comes from.

 =

I'm really new at this, but I had these nodes replicating a couple days ago=
 with this config, so I must not be cleaning up something on shutdown.

 =

Thanks

Christopher Browne
Thu, 13 Sep 2007 09:48:47 -0700

Fran=E7ois Girault <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I have troubles with a simple two nodes cluster. I have a set, id=3D3,
> that can't be copied on a slave node cause of this error :
> =

> 2007-09-13 17:07:23 CEST DEBUG1 copy_set 3
> 2007-09-13 17:07:23 CEST ERROR  remoteWorkerThread_1: node -1 not
> found in runtime configuration
> 2007-09-13 17:07:23 CEST WARN   remoteWorkerThread_1: data copy for
> set 3 failed - sleep 60 seconds
> =

> The most strange thing : even when I drop the set 3, the log message
> persists ! I don't know what to do and I can't uninstall all and
> rebuild the cluster.
 =

Generally, this has to do with the slon process being a bit confused
as to the runtime configuration *in memory.*
 =

Restart the slon, and this ought to alleviate the problem.
 =

It strikes me that maybe we should have logic in the remoteWorker
thread which notices "Oh, it's looking for node -1, which *obviously*
doesn't exist.  Maybe I should fall over and let another slon take
over..."
-- =

output =3D ("cbbrowne" "@" "cbbrowne.com")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/slony.html