Andrew Sullivan ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Thu Oct 18 04:57:17 PDT 2007
On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 11:48:17AM +0200, H. Meyer wrote:

> But even if there are such queries, why would slony-1 need to log that?
> No data was modified, so nothing needs to be replicated.
> Just curious :o)

In a non-modifying case like this, Slony still needs to log it,
because just because the query didn't cause modification on the
_origin_ doesn't mean it might not do it on the _replica_.  There
could, for instance, be a trigger on the replica that causes
modification as a side effect.  So the replicas still need to know
about it.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
When my information changes, I alter my conclusions.  What do you do sir?
		--attr. John Maynard Keynes