Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Mon Oct 15 08:01:53 PDT 2007
"H. Meyer" <slony-9999-exp at sblk.de> writes:
> I am planning to synchronise two PostgreSQL 8.2.5 databases using Slony1
> (one master DB, one read-only slave DB).
> However, one of the servers is running Debian Etch i386 and the other
> one Debian Etch amd64.
> Does Slony1 support the replication between servers with 32bit and 64bit
> systems?

Should work fine - we have historically replicated between boxes
running AIX and Solaris, with radically different hardware involved,
so "little" differences like x86 versus x86_64 should be no big deal.

Actually, there was a period of time when we were running a build of
PostgreSQL and Slony-I compiled for Red Hat Advanced Server (or was it
RHEL?  don't recall...) (32 bit IA-32) on some Opteron boxs running
SuSE Linux in 64 bit mode.

It wasn't until I was needing to upgrade some (not-Slony-I-related) C
functions that it was discovered that entirely the wrong kind of
binaries had been installed.  No problems had been encountered...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="linuxdatabases.info" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/