Andrew Sullivan ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Thu Nov 15 06:41:22 PST 2007
On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 09:33:40AM +0530, Trinath Somanchi wrote:
> I have configured SLONY - 1 (1.2.11) , in an FC6 machine .
>
> Now , I want to the move the same replica on another Ubuntu machine .
>
> Can it be possible that just move the slony directory or I need to
> install SLONY- 1 from the beginning in Ubuntu machine also so that only
> slony config needs changes .

If the libc, maybe the kernel, and the hardware architecture (e.g. 32 bit
x86 to 32 bit x86) are the same, this should be no problem.

If you have different versions of C libraries and such like, I wouldn't do
this.  What's so hard about ./configure; make; make install, anyway?

Andrew Sullivan
Old sigs will return after re-constitution of blue smoke