David Rees drees76 at gmail.com
Fri May 4 12:07:58 PDT 2007
On 5/4/07, Christopher Browne <cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info> wrote:
> The relevant slon option is "sync_interval_timeout", which is either
> controlled via that name in a "slon.conf" file, or via the command
> line "-s" option, which determines how long the slon sleeps between
> checking to see if there have been updates made that would warrant
> generating a SYNC event.
>
> I believe that the default for that is 10000, which represents 10s.
> If you reduced the value, that would cause SYNC events to be generated
> more frequently, which I would expect to reduce st_lag_time for you.

How much overhead does significantly reducing the sync interval pose
on the servers? What values are people having good luck with for their
use?

BTW, maybe I'm reading the docs wrong, but would sync_interval be more
appropriate to set low than sync_interval_timeout? Maybe I'm missing
something?

-Dave